How to select the best Fashion eyeglasses
You don’t need to be a fashion expert to find eyeglass frames that look great on you. Eyeconic makes finding the right frames simple. Use the following four tips to find the frames that work best for your style.
1. Face Shape
Is your face round, oval, square, diamond or heart-shaped? The shape of your face will help you determine which frames enhance your look.
- Round Face: Eyeglass frames that are square or rectangular tend to be wider than a round face. This quality can enhance your face by making it appear slimmer and longer, adding balance to your round features.
Frames to Avoid: Rimless frames, round frames and small frames will accentuate the roundness, making your round face look even rounder.
- Oval Face: Frames that suit an oval face have a strong bridge, are wider than the broadest part of the face and are geometric in shape.
Frames to Avoid: Eyeglasses that are overlarge and cover up more than half of your face will throw off the natural balance and symmetry of the oval face.
- Square Face: Eyeglasses that soften the angularity and sit high on the bridge of the nose look best on square faces. Oval or round eyeglasses will balance and add a thinner appearance to the angles of a square face.
Frames to Avoid: Angular and boxy eyeglass frames will sharpen and draw attention to your angular features, making a square face appear bulky.
- Diamond Face: Play up a narrow forehead and chin with eyeglass frames what sweep up or are wider than the cheekbones, such as cat eye glasses and oval frames. These frames will accentuate your cheekbones and delicate features.
Frames to Avoid: Boxy and narrow frames will accentuate the width of your cheeks, drawing attention to your narrow features rather than enhancing them.
- Heart-Shaped Face: Frames that balance the width of the forehead with the narrowness of the chin are ideal. Eyeglasses with low-set temples and bottom heavy frame lines will add width to that narrower part of your face. Round eyeglasses or square eyeglasses with curved edges will help draw attention away from a broad, high forehead.
Frames to Avoid: Steer clear of any style or color of frames that draws attention to the forehead. This includes frames with decorative temples or embellished tops.
2. Consider Colors That Match Your Skin Tone
Just as the shape of your face helps determine which frames look best, so does your skin tone. More important than hair color and more decisive than eye color, skin tone sets the tone for high fashion frames. Select a shade closest to your skin tone:
- Warm Skin Tone
If you have a yellow, bronze or golden cast to your skin, you have a warm complexion. Stay away from contrasting colors such as pastels. White and black frames are not flattering either. Instead, the best frame colors for you are light tortoise, browns shades, gold or honey, beige, and olive green.
- Cool Skin Tone
If your skin has pink or blue undertones, you have a cool complexion. Avoid colors that wash you out and instead reach for frames that are silver, black, dark tortoise, pink, purple, blue, mauve and gray.
3. What’s Your Lifestyle?
There are eyeglass frames for every way of life! Think about the activities you will do while wearing your eyeglasses. If you’re active, Eyeconic offers Flexon frames which can twist and bend without breaking. Need gaming glasses? Gamers can choose from a wide selection of stylish frames that enhance the gaming experience. When impressing the big wigs at the office, you can accessorize your business savvy with sensible style.
4. Fit Frames to Your Personality?
The frames you wear can say a lot about your personality. You can have a pair of glasses that showcase your fun loving side on the weekends and a pair that emphasizes your get down to business tone during the week. Adorn your face with your favorite color (as long as it doesn’t clash with your skin tone) or detailed embellishments and flare. Choose either one style of frames to express your personality or have a small collection of frames on hand to easily alter your appearance to suit your mood.
Get an Extra $20 to Spend on Featured Frame Brands
Maximize your benefits with an extra $20 to spend*, on top of your allowance, on any frame from a wide selection . Simply select a featured frame brand in any VSP doctor’s office and the $20 will automatically be applied to your purchase.
Find the best pair for you, not the best pair in stock
Choose from a wide selection of designer frames and contact lenses power of technology to how you shop for eyewear by connecting your eyewear, insurance coverage, and the VSP doctor network.